Last Revised: November 9, 2018
Personally Identifiable data
- Email - this is used as a way to uniquely identify your user account on our system (a username).
- Email is also used to verify you are a real user (via a confirmation email sent to you upon registering an account)
- Email is also used to recover your account in cases where you have lost your password.
- Occasional emails will be sent to you regarding news and product offerings from Hungry Turtle Code. You can opt out of this at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any of the emails sent.
- You can change the email registered with us at any point through your user dashboard.
- This is collected so any comments you leave on pages on the Site are shown as being from you.
- You can change the name you use on the Site at any point through your user dashboard. Changing it will change all occurrences of your name on the site, even those created in the past.
- Articles and tutorials you have viewed.
- Any time you view a new article or tutorial on the site, it is recorded against your user account.
- This is done to allow for improved content into the future by knowing what users are interested in.
How long is the data kept
All of the information mentioned above is kept indefinitely, unless otherwise requested by the user in question.
Is the information shared
- Your email address is shared with an email service provider to who will not send you any emails without the consent of Hungry Turtle Code.
- A third party email provider is used to avoid the overhead of maintaining email servers and to ensure quality of email delivery. Spam filters recognise when an email is coming from a reputable email provider and are more likely to let the emails through than they would be if a custom email server was used.
- Google analytics, facebook tracking pixels and google adsense collect their own data but nothing explicitly given to Hungry Turtle Code is passed on to them.
- Except in the case where a Visitor registers with the Site using OAuth from a social account (facebook, google etc). In that case the social site used will be aware of your usage of the Site, but no extra information is provided.
- No other information is shared with any other third party.
What are your rights
- You can view all the data we have on you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you want your information permanently deleted from the system, email email@example.com
Welcome to https://hungryturtlecode.com (the “Site”). We understand that privacy online is important to users of our Site. This statement governs our privacy policies with respect to those users of the Site (“Visitors”) who visit without specifically registering with the Site and Visitors who register to the Site and make use of the services offered by hungryturtlecode.com (collectively, “Services”).
“Personally Identifiable Information”
refers to any information which identifies or can be used to identify, contact, or locate the person to whom such information pertains, including, but not limited to, name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, financial profiles, social security number, and credit card information. Personally Identifiable Information does not include information that is collected anonymously (that is, without identification of the individual user) or demographic information not connected to an identified individual.
“Non-Personally Identifiable Information”
We also may collect various types of non-personally identifiable information to help us make your experience more enjoyable, measure site activity to identify future improvements that should be made, and compile aggregate data to help serve site visitors better. For example, we may use such data to tailor the topics for new tutorials and courses based on user demand.
This information includes but is not limited to pages visited, timestamps and time spent on each page. This information is used to diagnose issue with our servers to keep the experience on the site as good as possible. The information is also used to improve the content on the Site in the future by creating more of the content that Visitors are enjoying and interacting with.
Emails or newsletters that we send electronically may use techniques such as web beacons or pixel tags to gather email metrics and information to improve the reader’s experience, such as the number of emails that are opened, whether they were forwarded or printed, the type of device from which they were opened, and the location (e.g. city, state, and county) associated with the applicable IP address.
If you visit this site with an open ID (such as Facebook), you may also be sharing and integrating data with third-party social media sites, and we may track aggregate data about the number of visits to this site with an open ID, the number of items “liked” on this site, or items on this site that you choose to share with a third-party social media site.
What Personally Identifiable Information is collected?
Personally identifiable information is only collected from those users who explicitly sign up as a member of the Site. We collect the following information from those users: name (optional if signing up via email and password, otherwise if using a social account to log in it will be whatever name is associated with that account) and email.
What organizations are collecting the information?
In addition to our direct collection of information, our third party service vendors (such as Google analytics) may collect this information from our Visitors. We do not control how these third parties use such information, but we do ask them to disclose how they use personal information provided to them from Visitors. This information may be obtained for hungry turtle code from a third party provider including, but not limited to, through the use of Google Analytics. Hungry Turtle Code may use this information for marketing, commercial, or any other purpose as Hungry Turtle Code sees fit.
How does the Site use Personally Identifiable Information?
We use Personally Identifiable Information to customize the Site and to make appropriate service offerings. We may email Visitors about research or purchase and selling opportunities on the Site or information related to the subject matter of the Site. We may also use Personally Identifiable Information to contact Visitors in response to specific inquiries.
With whom may the information may be shared?
Personally identifiable information is not shared unless the collection of the information was through a third party like Google Analytics or any other covered in “What organizations are collecting the information?”
How is Personally Identifiable Information stored?
Personally Identifiable Information collected by hungryturtlecode.com is securely stored and is not accessible to third parties except for use as indicated above.
What choices are available to Visitors regarding collection, use and distribution of the information?
Visitors may opt out of receiving unsolicited information from or being contacted by us and/or our vendors and affiliated agencies by responding to emails as instructed.
Are Cookies Used on the Site?
We may use session and persistent “cookies,” session logs, web beacons, GIF/pixel tags, banner ads, third-party click tracking analytics tools (such as Google Analytics), third party retargeting networks that may display our advertisements to you on other sites that you visit to remind you about us, and third party networks that serve user-requested emails (e.g., for a refer-a-friend email) to collect non-personally identifiable or other aggregated information about site visitors.
Please note that you do have the option to configure most web browsers to NOT accept cookies. However, be aware that disabling cookies may keep you from having access to some functions or services on our web site or the web-hosted software that runs on our web site.
How does the Site keep Personally Identifiable Information secure?
All personally identifiable information is kept on a secure server behind several layers of security (including but not limited to firewalls, strong passwords and encryption) that no unauthorised person has access to. We audit our security systems and processes on a regular basis. The Site also only serves it’s Visitors using secure SSL (https) to ensure no information is leaked between you and the secure server. While we take commercially reasonable measures to maintain a secure site, electronic communications and databases are subject to errors, tampering and break-ins, and we cannot guarantee or warrant that such events will not take place and we will not be liable to Visitors for any such occurrences.
How can Visitors correct any inaccuracies in Personally Identifiable Information?
Visitors that have provided us with Personally Identifiable information have access to a user dashboard by logging in. Through this dashboard they can change or update the Personally Identifiable information. Visitors may also contact us to update Personally Identifiable Information about them or to correct any inaccuracies by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or through the contact me form on this Site.
Can a Visitor delete or deactivate Personally Identifiable Information collected by the Site?
We provide Visitors and Authorized Customers with a mechanism to delete/deactivate Personally Identifiable Information from the Site’s database by contacting us. An individual who requests to have Personally Identifiable Information deactivated will have this information deleted, and we will not sell, transfer, or use Personally Identifiable Information relating to that individual in any way moving forward.
http://www.hungryturtlecode.com contains links to other web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are moving to another web site. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites as their privacy policies may differ from ours.
Search engines and other sites not affiliated with Hungry Turtle Code archive or otherwise make available Hungry Turtle Code’s individual webpages. Hungry Turtle Code has no control over third party archiving and search engine sites and cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information stored by search engine sites.
Hungry Turtle Code does not do any geotracking at this time through the Hungry Turtle Code system; however, certain third party providers, such as Google Analytics, may request this information if your device allows it.
Registered office address 23 Woodvale Avenue, Omagh, County Tyrone, BT79 0AU, United Kingdom.
Please contact me here, All Rights Reserved.